Beginning August 1,2011, Pressing On is providing FREE GYM MEMBERSHIPS to those with Spinal Cord Injuries and other disabilities. It is our hope that with this approach, we are able to assist a greater portion of the community, such as injured veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.
Gym members have access to our full line of strength training equipment, cardio equipment, core/balance equipment, as well as the Power Plate(does not include access to the Gait Trainer). In addition, use of the FES Bike is available for only $5 per session, plus cost of pads.
The open gym is available free of charge and is primarily funded by donations and fundraising. If you are interested in making a contribution to support Pressing On’s open gym, please visit our donation page.
Criteria for joining the Pressing On open gym:
- Applicant must have a physical disability,such as Spinal Cord Injury, Traumatic Brain Injury, MS, CP,etc
- Have medical clearance from a primary care physician or health provider to participate
- Must have a recent bone scan if more than 1 year post injury
- Complete membership application, orientation, safey and assessment procedures
- Must have a family member/caregiver available to assist with transfers and spotting (if required)
- Possess a desire for improved health and quality of life!
1. Complete a Client Information & Application form
2. Have your physician/health care provider complete the medical clearance form
3. Pay an initial consultation fee of $50, schedule and complete a facility orientation,safety briefing and assessment
4. Choose your preferred time slot
5. Begin working towards fitness and wellness goals!